Student Learning Expectations 4-8
Through Grace a St. Basil Student is a(n)
Globally Minded Citizen
- Applies knowledge of the natural environment to care for God’s creation.
- Respects individuality and cultural diversity.
- Uses resources responsibly to improve and inform local and worldwide communities.
Respectful and Helpful Individual
- Cooperates as a team member, accepting help as well as giving it to others.
- Shares talents and resources to uphold the dignity of others.
- Works with authority figures in a polite and engaged manner.
Active Lifelong Learner
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge and a passion for creativity.
- Critically applies research to evaluate and solve problems.
- Sets goals and establishes positive routines to support mind, body and soul.
- Respects human life from conception to natural death.
- Models and promotes the teachings of Jesus.
- Serves their community according to the Catholic Christian tradition.
- Applies Catholic teachings to make decisions toward peaceful resolutions.
- Participates in personal and communal prayer and worship.
- Speaks truthfully, tactfully and concisely.
- Shares thoughts, feelings and life lessons in order to attain deeper understanding.
- Uses well-developed oral, written and listening skills.
- Communicates information using spoken, written and technological methods.