- Chromebooks will be in use in 3rd - 8th grade classrooms for 2017 - 18 school year.
- iPads will be avaiable in K - 2 classrooms
- Infrastructure upgrades will be completed in the summer of 2017.
- Chromecasts will be installed for projecting student work
- Upgrades will pave the way for more classroom technology and the 1-to-1 initiative
- Under the 1-to-1 initiative, each fourth through eighth grader will have his or her own Chromebook.
Planning for Success
Next year, 2017-18, students will enjoy their first full school year using St. Basil's new Chromebooks as a one to one tool in the classroom. The carts are a complement to the school’s rigorous set of learning requirements, and will round out the two classroom sets of devices the school currently has.
With the rollout of a one to one Chromebook program students will have access to additional learning tools including:
- Google Classroom
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides
- Nearpod and other interactive presentation tools
- Digital Storytelling Extensions
- Virtual Field Trips with the Smithsonian Institute, museums and Google Cultural and Arts program
- Various subject specific extensions
In the lower grades, classrooms will have access to iPads to enhance student learning through a variety of subject specific apps.
All students will also continue to have access to the school's computer lab for larger projects and instruction on basic computer skills.