- Chromebooks will be in use in 3rd - 8th grade classrooms for 2018 - 19 school year.
- iPads will be available in K - 2 classrooms
- Infrastructure upgrades will be completed in the summer of 2018.
- Chromecasts will be installed for projecting student work
- Upgrades will pave the way for more classroom technology and the 1-to-1 initiative
- Under the 1-to-1 initiative, each fourth through eighth grader will have his or her own Chromebook.
Planning for Success
For 2018-2019, students will continue to use the 140 Chromebooks as a one to one classroom tool. The five carts of Chromebooks are a compliment to St. Basil's rigorous set of learning requirements.
With the rollout of a one to one Chromebook program students will have access to additional learning tools including:
- Google Classroom
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides
- Nearpod and other interactive presentation tools
- Digital Storytelling Extensions
- Virtual Field Trips with the Smithsonian Institute, museums and Google Cultural and Arts program
- Various subject specific extensions
In the lower grades, classrooms will have access to iPads to enhance student learning through a variety of subject specific apps.
All students will also continue to have access to the school's computer lab for larger projects and instruction on basic computer skills.