“A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” - St Basil
St. Basil School (SBS) is an educational ministry of St. Basil Parish in Vallejo. Our Catholic faith permeates our service-learning curriculum and is the guiding influence in the lives of our faculty, staff, and students. With an emphasis on living a virtuous life, SBS students grow to understand the roots of their faith and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
While not all students who attend SBS are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and are taught the value of living a moral life. We encourage our students to accept one another rather than to exclude, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serving God by serving others.
At St. Basil School, the curriculum includes the incorporation of Catholic Identity across all subjects:
- Religious instruction in all grades;
- Weekly Mass for Kindergarten-8th grade students;
- Reconciliation during the seasons of Advent & Lent;
- Sacramental preparation in 2nd grade;
- Service projects for students in PK-8th grades throughout the year;
- Studying the virtue of the month;
- Participation in monthly parish-wide liturgies through music, lectoring, altar serving, and more.